Go! Ice Cream is a small but quickly growing ice cream company on a mission to deliver flavor and adventure to our customers all around the Metro Detroit area. We are currently looking to add to our team in the following positions:
Hours: Part-time (10 to 20 hours per week) and Full-time (30 to 40 hours per week)
Compensation: $10/hr and tip-sharing
To apply or receive more information:
- Please send an e-mail to rob[at]goicecreamgo.com with the words “sales associate” in the subject line and let us know what your favorite flavor of ice cream is, and why.
- We will send you more information on the position with a link to our on-line application form. Chosen applicants will receive an in-person interview.
- A trial shift will be required for this position, to ensure the position is a good for both the company and the applicant.
About the position:
Go! Ice Cream sales associates are true people-persons. If you are interested in working with a small local food business with people who love food, being active, and engaging with our Ypsi-Arbor community, then this just might be the job for you!
Sales associates will represent Go! Ice Cream at the new Go! Ice Cream Alley Store and at Farmers Markets and events all around Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor, giving out free samples, selling pints, and scooping up delicious treats. This is a perfect job for a self-motivated people person who wants to be in on the ground floor of a growing business that aims to make the world a little bit sweeter, one “mmm” at a time.
- A genuine love of food and talking about food is essential
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs: ice cream coolers packed with yumminess can be a bit heavy
- Ability to stand on your feet for up to 4 hours at a stretch: we aren’t the sitting kind, we like to stand up and engage our customers and our lives
- Excellent customer service skills: the people in our community are the whole reason we do this, we inspire and nourish them and they do the same for us
- Ability to ride a standard bicycle: if you love bike riding, or physical activity in general that is a huge plus
- Dependability: we love what we do and we embrace the responsibility that necessitates
- Team-oriented while still being able to operate independently
- Strong desire to make the world a better place
- Applicants must be legal driving age, driver’s license and reliable transportation preferred but not required